[swish-e] count number of times a word occurs in an index

From: Eric Lease Morgan <eric_morgan(at)>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2007 - 23:09:17 GMT
How can I use swish-e to count the number of times a word occurs in an

I have indexed sets of HTML pages containing images at the following

I can then query the index and return results. Tastes great. Less

I now want to create a "tag cloud" for navigation purposes.
Specifically, I want to extract all the words (sans stop words) from
my index, along with the number of times each word occurs in the
index. Given this data I can create a tag cloud of most common words
whose functionality will look something like what is found here:

I know how to extract a list of all words from my index, but I don't
know how to get the number of times (frequency) the word occurs.

Can somebody here help me out?

Eric Lease Morgan
Infomotions, Inc.

Users mailing list