Re: [swish-e] Using the asterisk wildcard in SWISH

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 14:39:33 GMT
On 12/18/2007 10:02 PM, Susan Wilson wrote:
> Hi Guys and Peter,
>
> I've amended the query.pl as suggested and the wildcard feature is now
> working.  Excellent!  Many many thanks.
>
> As I mentioned earlier, I'm in the hands of my ISP and their Help-Desk
> not upskilled or knowledgeable about Swish.  So, I have no control over
> what I am using.  AND  I do have some issues regarding how the actual
> indexing as well as the reporting  has been set up.

If your ISP is going to offer Swish-e as a service, the least they can do is keep it up to
date. And those .pl files look like security-problem-waiting-to-happen.

> However, is there any way I can easily get hold of that (those)
> script(s) you've mentioned, Peter?  Is it possible to download them in a
> zip file and extract them from that?  I don't particularly want to go
> through an install process.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

http://swish-e.org/download/index.html

they are part of the standard swish-e dist. Ask your ISP to install the newest version of
Swish-e, and swish.cgi is installed automatically. You are doing them a favor.