Re: [swish-e] Keeping an index file open using mod_perl (more of a perl question than a swish-e question)

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 15:55:03 GMT
On 12/10/2007 09:35 AM, Bernard Higonnet wrote:

>>From html page A.html I execute a search which produces results which might be
> numerous enough to need several pages of display. Depending on the first page
> of results of that search, I want to either do another search using the same
> index file OR display page n of the same search.
>
> I would like to do this without executing
>
> my $swish = SWISH::API->new( 'index.swish-e' );

If you are unfamiliar with mod_perl, read its docs before trying to implement something
like this.

Look at the example/search.cgi script in the distribution.

Also, consider using SWISH::API::Stat (from CPAN) instead of SWISH::API directly, since
the ::Stat version will automatically re-connect to an index if it changes (updated,
renamed, etc). I've been using it with mod_perl2 in production for over a year.