[swish-e] Keeping an index file open using mod_perl (more of a perl question than a swish-e question)

From: Bernard Higonnet <bthcom(at)not-real.higonnet.net>
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 15:35:03 GMT
Hello,

The documentation page for the perl API states:

"This module allows embedding the swish-e search code into your application
avoiding the need to fork to run the swish-e binary and to keep an index file
open when running multiple queries. This results in increased search
performance."

I understand the concept but my state of ignorance of perl/mod_perl/apache
prevents me from implementing it!

In more detail...

>From html page A.html I execute a search which produces results which might be
numerous enough to need several pages of display. Depending on the first page
of results of that search, I want to either do another search using the same
index file OR display page n of the same search.

I would like to do this without executing

my $swish = SWISH::API->new( 'index.swish-e' );

again.

Any help appreciated
Bernard Higonnet