Re: [swish-e] ignoring accents in searches

From: Louis-David Mitterrand <vindex+lists-swish-e(at)not-real.apartia.org>
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 15:19:38 GMT
On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 07:37:33PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:
> Louis-David Mitterrand wrote on 12/8/07 4:04 PM:
> >
> > I've added
> >
> > 	FuzzyIndexingMode Stemming_fr
> >
> > to my config. Yet when I enter the unaccented version of an indexed word
> > swish finds no matches.
> >
> > How can I configure swish to ignore accents in its searches?
> >

> http://swish-e.org/docs/swish-config.html#translatecharacters

Thanks for the pointer Peter. It works well.

However now some words are no longer highlighted.

When using the search form at http://www.lesculturelles.net/search.md if
you try après (or apres or precieuse) no highlighted word appear. For
some words, like père (or pere) highlighting sill happens. These
discrepancies didn't occur before using "TranslateCharacters :ascii7:".

Any idea where to look for?

Cheers,