Re: [swish-e] XML parsing not returning Title

From: Robinson Craig <Craig.Robinson(at)not-real.nrw.qld.gov.au>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 01:41:07 GMT
>On 11/28/2007 08:18 AM, Peter Karman wrote:
>>
>> On 11/27/2007 04:56 PM, Robinson Craig wrote:
>>
>>> I've run the same config and files with 2.4.5 (current stable
>>> release) installed on a DEV box (in readiness for deployment out to
>>> PROD), with the same result (incidentally with no parsing errors).
>>>

>> what indexing method (-S) are you using? Can you paste the exact
>> command you are using to index?
>>

>nevermind. I see the issue.
>
>You need to add:
>
> PropertyNameAlias swishtitle title
>
>to your config.
>
>The HTML parser knows about the special '<title>' tagset and uses that
>for the swishtitle property. The XML parser doesn't know about it.
>Since you are indexing .pdf files with the HTML parser (is that what
>you really want?), the .pdf docs get the title magic, but the .html
>docs (or anything else parsed with the XML parser) needs a little help
knowing which tag to use as the swishtitle.

>--
>Peter Karman  .  peter(at)not-real.peknet.com  .  http://peknet.com/

Hi all,

Further information on this issue: Looks like my problem is a version
issue. I have successfully compiled, installed the latest stable
versions of Swish-e, Xpdf on a Solaris 10 machine (SWISH-E 2.4.5,
pdftotext version 3.02), and it is behaving as expected when using the
exact same config file as my current installation (SWISH-E 2.2.3,
pdftotext version 3.01). Looks like I'll have to dig deeper to see what
the differences actually...but a step in the right direction at least.

Nevertheless, my question still stands: is there a "standard" way of
indexing PDF content and metadata?

Cheers, Craig

The information in this email together with any attachments is
and/or publication of this email message is prohibited, unless
as a necessary part of Departmental business.
computer system network.