Re: [swish-e] XML parsing not returning Title

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Nov 28 2007 - 14:25:53 GMT
On 11/28/2007 08:18 AM, Peter Karman wrote:

> On 11/27/2007 04:56 PM, Robinson Craig wrote:
>
>> I've run the same config and files with 2.4.5 (current stable release)
>> installed on a DEV box (in readiness for deployment out to PROD), with
>> the same result (incidentally with no parsing errors).
>>

> what indexing method (-S) are you using? Can you paste the exact command you
> are using to index?

nevermind. I see the issue.

You need to add:

 PropertyNameAlias swishtitle title

to your config.

The HTML parser knows about the special '<title>' tagset and uses that for the
swishtitle property. The XML parser doesn't know about it. Since you are
indexing .pdf files with the HTML parser (is that what you really want?), the
.pdf docs get the title magic, but the .html docs (or anything else parsed with
the XML parser) needs a little help knowing which tag to use as the swishtitle.