Re: [swish-e] (null) problem - yes, I've read the FAQ

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 14:40:26 GMT
On 11/27/2007 02:19 AM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>> outlines both of the common issues you've hit on. Is that what you were reading?
> Not really.
> Here is a FAQ for swish.cgi:
> While following this point removes the "(null)", it doesn't say why one
> should insert "IndexContents HTML* <body> 2000".
> On that very page, "IndexContents HTML..." is only mentioned in the
> "Spidering" part - but I would normally couple spidering with web
> crawling, not the local disk crawling.

yes, it looks like a good chunk of the swish.cgi docs rightfully belong in the
main doc set, as they are not particular to the CGI script per se.

> BTW, is there a document anywhere on integrating swish-e with mailman?
> If not, I'm perhaps willing to write one.

There's an example hypermail script in the dist examples/ dir. And some threads
in the email archive on the subject. If you'd like to write a how-to, I'm sure
we could find a place for it in the docs. Or perhaps at the wiki:

On that note, I uploaded a first pass of a mail indexer last weekend. Might be
of interest:

NOTE: that I am in the midst of a major re-write of SWISH::Prog to support
Swish3, so the API there is likely to change significantly.

Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list