Re: [swish-e] compiler problem on our prod ISP env

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sun Nov 18 2007 - 02:20:03 GMT
Please send mail directly to the discussion list. That way it is archived.

thierry@streamjobs.net wrote on 11/17/07 7:15 AM:
> Hello Peter,
>
> We manage to clear out the compiler issue, it was very messy!
>
> We do have other question:
>
> 	- When we are indexing, Is there a way to get swish-e working in
> 	"echo off" mode when launched in command line?

try -v0 (that's a zero) to set verbosity to off.

> 	- When indexing xml file we get an error on every closing tag
> </> with a '^'
> 	pointing on the last tag character see screen shot attached (it
> does not bother
> 	the searches but this is slowing indexation drastically)....
> Another question is
> 	coming that might be related... Is there a way for not indexing
> the tag?

That error comes from libxml2. It suggests to me that you do not have your
config file set to use the XML2 parser with .xml documents, and it is instead
defaulting to HTML.

If you want to omit the contents of the tag altogether, you could prefilter with
a script before handing to swish-e's -S prog feature, either removing the tag or
wrapping with the index/noindex special comment tags -- see the Configuration
documentation.