Re: [swish-e] streamjobs and swish-e

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 02:41:55 GMT
thierry@streamjobs.net wrote on 11/12/07 6:37 PM:

> /OutOfIndexDir/ $swish-e -c /usr/local/bin/swish-e.config -w 'oracle'
>
> 	--> This is telling me the indexes files does NOT exist. Why?
> ... The indexes 	files location is specified into the config
> file... VERY Bizare behavior!

You've hit on a common misunderstanding. swish-e *never* reads the config file
at search time, only at indexing time. So you must specify the path to the index
with the -f option at search time if it is not in the same directory as where
you are running the command ($PWD).

> SECOND PROBLEM:
>
> "See my SWISH::WebService on CPAN for one example. It does RSS and a
> custom XML format."
>
> 	--> Do you mind indicating the precise places/name for the cgi
> script to implement the web services, that would be very kin of you.

SWISH::WebService is not a plugin feature for the swish.cgi script. I mentioned
it as an example of code that implements a XML result format. You'd have to
write some Perl code to use it. The SYNOPSIS of the module has a working example
script:

 http://search.cpan.org/~karman/SWISH-WebService-0.01/lib/SWISH/WebService.pm

I've added www.streamjobs.net to our users list at http://www.swish-e.org/who.html