Re: [swish-e] searching metanames and document

From: Michael Peters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Mon Nov 05 2007 - 22:50:07 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

> swish-e -w perl is shortcut notation for
> swish-e -w swishdefault=perl
>
> swishdefault is the metaname used if no other metaname is in active
> for a word when indexing.

Right, but doesn't everything make it's way to swishdefault? That's what I thought

  Swish also, by default, indexes content of meta tags. So 'swish-e -w foo' will
  find "foo" in the body, the title, or any meta tags

meant.

> Try indexing with -T indexed_words to see what meta tag each word is
> indexed with.

That shows this line for the word "perl"

    Adding:[1:title(19)]   'perl'   Pos:181  Stuct:0x1 ( FILE )

And nothing else. I know it's getting indexed under "title", but shouldn't it
also be under "swishdefault"?

--
Michael Peters
Developer