Re: [swish-e] help with accented characters

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 01:12:02 GMT
Anthony Sheetz wrote on 10/24/07 3:56 PM:

> However, and this is the problem I need to solve:  the results are
> returned as entrée (the accented e translated to its proper encoding)
> rather than the html encoded entre&eacute;e.  I need to have the text
> as it was originally presented, not as it was translated. What is the
> best way to do this?
>
> I am using SWISH-E 2.4.4 on Gentoo Linux.
> In my config I have set TranslateCharacters :ascii7:
> Anything else you need to know?

IIRC, the TranslateCharacters config only affects how the text is tokenized, but
not how the properties are stored. All text is resolved for entities prior to
tokenizing and stored that way. So text is always stored as 'plain' (non-HTML) text.

If you need to re-escape your property values prior to presenting results, then
have a look at HTML::Entities or Search::Tools::XML CPAN modules. Either one can
re-escape the text back to HTML character entities.