[swish-e] help with accented characters

From: Anthony Sheetz <sheetzam(at)not-real.zurka.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 20:56:08 GMT
I am working on using swish-e and the included spider to index a web
site which uses the occasional accented character.  The most common
one is the acute e, or in html: &eacute;. A specific example is
entre&eacute;e.
So, from what I can tell, the html encoding of entre&eacute;e is
being stored as entrée (the accented e translated to its proper
encoding) in the database.  I can then search for entree (unaccented
e) and get results that had the html encoded entre&eacute;e.

However, and this is the problem I need to solve:  the results are
returned as entrée (the accented e translated to its proper encoding)
rather than the html encoded entre&eacute;e.  I need to have the text
as it was originally presented, not as it was translated. What is the
best way to do this?

I am using SWISH-E 2.4.4 on Gentoo Linux.
In my config I have set TranslateCharacters :ascii7:
Anything else you need to know?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Anthony Sheetz
Zurka Interactive