Re: [swish-e] Change the indexed 'title'

From: Miki Tebeka <miki(at)>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 19:22:04 GMT
Hello Josh,

> thanks for the reply; I apologize in advance if I am being a dunce here.
Ask away, it's the best way to gain knowledge :)

> However, not sure what you mean my 'emitter', and still not sure
> how to set it up so I can run an index and get the text within a field
> other the <title></title> to be the title that shows up on a query.......
The emitter (I'm bad a naming) is a program (written in a language of your
choice [hint: use Python :)]) that goes over your files and emits the
output format swish-e expects for -S program (see the example for -S in

> Like I mentioned, i would need to index a set of files that use the text
> within a <a href=""></a> tag for the title, as well as another set that
> would index files and use the text within a <strong></strong> tag for the
> title.. The other set that i need to index that has the title in the
> right place <title></title>; is all set and configured.
> I am decent at PHP and javascript - but perl is foreign to me.
Maybe you can write it in PHP (I don't know it).

All the best,
Miki Tebeka
Users mailing list