Re: [swish-e] hierarchical metanames

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2007 - 18:55:00 GMT
On 10/05/2007 01:50 PM, Peter Karman wrote:

> swish-e's parser "flattens" the DOM at indexing time. In fact, swish-e's parser
> knows nothing about the DOM at all. It uses SAX. So no, to answer your original
> question, Swish-e doesn't have that kind of feature built-in.

I should point out that the libswish3 parser *does* offer the hierarchy feature
you're after, but that code is still very alpha.  I mention it only because I
saw the advantage of what you're after a couple years ago when I started
libswish3, so that feature will be part of Swish3 ... whenever that gets done.
Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list