Re: [swish-e] Why isn't my MetaName being used? Is the filter not being used?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 00:22:59 GMT
Peter Karman wrote on 9/22/07 10:45 AM:

> Ben Ostrowsky wrote on 9/20/07 3:51 PM:

>> How can I figure out why using the default configuration (which should
>> use SWISH::Filter) doesn't seem to take advantage of the
>> lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filters/CODImetadata.pm filter I've written?
>> Do I need to do anything to tell swish-e that I've got that filter, or
>> do I just have to place it in the SWISH/Filters directory?

>> /home/users/c/codi/local/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters
>> from 'default'
>> Path-Name: http://www.codi.org/archives/narchive/2004/msg08464.html
>> Charset: iso-8859-1
>> Last-Mtime: 1110223523
>> Document-Type: html*

I thought about this further. I think no filters get invoked on the file because
it is already .html. Look at the Document-Type getting passed to swish-e.

I don't know if there's a way to force a filter.

You're probably better off writing a filter_content callback for spider.pl that
does the filtering for you.