[swish-e] Displaying additional 'dispalay_prop's with swish.cgi

From: Dustin Masterson <dusto(at)not-real.hulmail.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 20:58:52 GMT
Hello,

I'm customizing swish.cgi and have been having good luck (thanks to Bill
for the helpful pointer to select_by_meta). I have however run across
another snag. I've created a custom metaname which is being created in the
index-I can tell because I can search on it. I would like to add this
metaname to the document properties that are shown below the search
results, however '(NULL)' keeps showing up. I have been able to
successfully add swishtitle to 'display_prop' and it shows up in results
with actual values but my custom metaname will only give '(NULL)'. I know
that swish.cgi is recognizing this because it's creating a table row and
using the 'name_label' for that row. Any suggestions?

Below are the relevant lines from my .swishconf.cgi the metaname in
question is 'system':

display_props   => [qw/swishlastmodified swishdocsize swishdocpath system
swishtitle/],

name_labels => {
             swishdefault        => 'Title & Body',
             system             => 'Functional System',
         },

Thanks, -Dustin-

Dustin Masterson
Office for Information System