Re: [swish-e] swish-e config?

From: Bill Traynor <btraynor(at)>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 19:36:04 GMT
On 9/10/07, Jordan Hayes <> wrote:
> > Do I need multiple configs to accomplish this?
> Yep :-)
> Minimally you'll need a ReplaceRules difference in swish-e.conf.  You'll
> also need a different title in .swishcgi.conf ...

Here's what I've done thus far:

In each mailing list archive directory I've created a swish.conf with
the following:

ReplaceRules remove <path to the archive>
ReplaceRules prepend <URL to archive files>
IndexDir <path to this directory>
IdexFile <index.archivename>

Then, in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.swishcgi.conf I've put:

sish_index =>
etc. etc.
and then a select_indexes statement for all possible archives.

Following this, I run:

$swish-e -c <pathto archive1 swish.conf>

I run that command for each individual archive.

This works.  However, is there a more efficient way to do this?  I've
got 65+ archives and I'd prefer to issue only one $swish-e command to
index them all.

Also, am I following swish-e best practices here?  That is, should I
be putting all of my directives in swish.conf?  Or somewhere else?

Thanks again.