Re: [swish-e] Searching multiple sources indexed by multiple methods?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 04:05:09 GMT
On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 05:15:11PM -0400, Ben Ostrowsky wrote:
> Hi folks --
>
> I've got two sources that I'd like to, ideally, index in one index
> file.  One is only accessible via http, so I'm using prog mode with
> spider.pl.  The other is available in the local filesystem, and I've
> indexed it using fs mode.  (It's also available via http.)
>
> If I maintain two different indexes, do I have to search them
> separately in SWISH::API and then combine the results?

I think you can just do:

    $swish = SWISH::API->new( 'index1 index2 index3' );

> Is there a way to index both sources into the same index file?

You should be able use the merge feature from the command line.

You can also specify more than one program to run with -S prog.

    swish-e -S prog -i prog1 prog2 prog3

or

    IndexDir prog1 prog2 prog3

and then have the programs return correctly formatted list of files
back to swish.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs