Re: [swish-e] adding date to swish-e

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 03:22:17 GMT
amin saberian wrote on 8/12/07 4:38 AM:
> Hello.
> I want add date to swish-e.
> With using of date you can search on base date.
>
> Do I must work on swish-2.6, and after do it, do you know i must send patch
> for who?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you'd like to be able to search on the
last-modified date of a document in the swish-e index. That value should already
be present as a PropertyName called swishlastmodified, so you can return and
sort on that value. If you want to search on it too, you'd need to add a
MetaName for the date in your config file and then make sure the date value gets
into each document, likely using some kind of -S prog filter (see DirTree.pl and
spider.pl for examples). If it were me, I'd normalize the date value as a
YYYYMMDD string, or use an epoch int, and then modify my search script to
normalize/translate user queries to match that normalized format.