Re: [swish-e] Search for all documents in a given time range?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Aug 04 2007 - 13:00:40 GMT
Miki Tebeka wrote on 8/3/07 6:51 PM:
> Hello All,
>
> How can I search for all document in a given time range?
>
> If I try:
>      swish-e -L swishlastmodified 0 1186184522
> I get
>      err: No search words specified
>
> The only workaround I found was to use
>      swish-e -L swishlastmodified 0 1186184522 \
>              -w 'not nosuchwordanywhere'
>
> Is there a more elegant solution?

use a rdbms? :)

seriously though, Swish-e is a search engine, and the -L option is just for
Limiting results, not finding them. So you gotta have some results to limit in
order for -L to be of any use at all.

If you want a more elegant search query, I believe this is reasonable in terms
of performance and doesn't rely on the [non]presence of a particular string:

  swish-e -w 'a not a'