[swish-e] Swish-e Keyword Report

From: Thomas Kirwin <TKirwin(at)not-real.PFCU.COM>
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 13:56:12 GMT
Hi Gerald,

I was unable to impliment your solution back in 2002 and was hoping that
you still use Swish-e and could provide some guidance regarding the code
used in the footer() and defining $searchlog in the variables at the top
of the script.

"Then I added a call to the log routine from in within footer(). Note
that the var $searchlog must be defined in the variables initialization
at the top of the script."

Thanks!

Tom Kirwin

Thomas,

I also watch submitted query strings to decide if I need to add words,
aliases or common misspellings to my documents.
I added the following subroutine to my CGI to capture info to a log
file.

---snip---
sub log_it {
# The log file must be writable by the web process (nobody)
open(LOG,">>$searchlog") || print "could not open log file please notify
webmaster";
# Only log if this is the production version of the script
if ( "$scrpt[$#scrpt]" eq "search.pl" ) {
print LOG "$acctime ^ $tcount ^ $query ^ $next ^ $kb\n"; }
else {
# if this is not the production script, print the troubleshooting info
# like the command line, the URL generated for the "Next" link, and all
vars
# to the HTML page and nothing to the log file
print "<HR>This is the development
script<HR>$command_line<HR>$next_link<HR>$vars";
print "<HR>$ENV{HTTP_REFERER}";
     }

close(LOG);
}

---end snip--

Then I added a call to the log routine from in within footer().
Note that the var $searchlog must be defined in the variables
initialization at the top of the script.

Gerald

Thomas Kirwin wrote:

> Question: I am attempting to obtain code or instructions to make
SWISH-E
> record top key words used by visitors when searching our site at
> www.pfcu.com.  Such a utility or add-on would greatly help me maximize
our
> site search engine results by allowing the inclusion of popular key
words
> within the page or tag.
>
> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Kirwin
> e-Commerce Administrator
>
> Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
> 12800 Townsend Road
> Philadelphia, PA 19154
> W - (215) 934-4031
> F - (215) 934-4039
> www.pfcu.com

Regards,

Tom Kirwin
e-Commerce Administrator

Philadelphia Federal Credit Union
12800 Townsend Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
W - (215) 934-4031
F - (215) 934-4039
www.pfcu.com <http://www.pfcu.com/>

P.S. Membership is a lifetime benefit!
NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete all copies.