Re: [swish-e] Ranking Trouble

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 20:01:55 GMT
On 06/05/07 14:47, Joshua Sowin wrote:
> Thanks Peter. I've read that part of the FAQ but didn't see anything that
> seemed like it would fix this problem. I don't have that setting set in the
> config -- do you recommend it be set to "no"?

it has to be 'no' for the IDF scheme to work. If the index was created
with it set to 'yes', trying RankScheme 1 will croak.

> To change the rank, do I change this:
> void SwishRankScheme( SW_HANDLE sw, int scheme );
> void SwishRankScheme( SW_HANDLE sw, 1 );
> ?

no need to set scheme in the source. You can specify it via the search
API, or via command line -R flag.

Are you using the Perl API or the C API or a script calling out to the
swish-e command (like swish.cgi does)?

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list