Re: [swish-e] swish-e vs solr?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 13:48:43 GMT
Thomas Dowling wrote on 6/2/07 8:35 AM:
> On 6/1/2007 6:27 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>> Someone asked me today: why don't we just use Solr for this?

There are other threads in the archive about Lucene vs Swish-e. I expect the
Lucene pros/cons still apply to Solr.

> So, for example, I index about 135k records for electronic theses and
> dissertations in swish-e, but at some point in the future we'll index
> (and facet) ~10M journal articles with Solr.

Other engines to consider for large collections:

  * (Perl)
  * (C++ with lots of language bindings)

Both do UTF-8, multi-million doc collections, full incremental indexing, and
many of the same search features Swish-e has.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list