Re: [swish-e] swish.conf problems - was ignorewords wildcard?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 01:33:28 GMT
Frank Hunt wrote on 5/23/07 8:15 PM:
> Well, I tried eliminating everything and re-building the conf file.  I
> even went to the installation instructions and followed the examples
> there.  Every time I tried the FileRules directive I got the same error.

you mean, every time you tried except when you were able to repeat the test I

You're going to need to show your work here in order for us to help you out.
Show the minimal case where the error occurs, just as with the test case I
demonstrated earlier:

>> Frank Hunt wrote on 5/23/07 5:11 PM:
>>> I can repeat the test.
>> then there's nothing wrong with that particular directive. might be some other
>> directive in your config file throwing a red herring.
>> try the usual debugging strategies: reduce to the simplest case (like my test
>> below) and then add one more thing to the mix, testing again each time. I'd
>> start my taking your existing config and commenting out everything but that
>> FileRules directive and then adding the others back in, one at a time.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list