Re: [swish-e] Swish-e and HarvestMan

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 20:20:57 GMT
William M Conlon scribbled on 5/8/07 2:24 AM:
> Sometimes this is an indication that you have a multi-byte character
> in your content.

Yes, Bill is correct, I believe. A little more info below...

> On May 8, 2007, at 12:06 AM, Anand Pillai wrote:

>>> Warning: Unknown header line: 'me:
>>>' from program
>>> ./
>>> err: External program failed to return required headers Path-Name:
>>> .

The broken pipe is a red herring. The problem is that bytes and characters are
being measured differently and Swish-e is reading the wrong number of bytes from
the input stream and croaking.

Since Swish-e can't (yet) handle UTF-8 or other multi-byte charsets, you need to
either filter or transliterate your input to a single-byte charset.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list