Re: [swish-e] Some questions...

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 14:14:54 GMT
CÚcilia VIGNY scribbled on 5/4/07 8:38 AM:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm currently doing a search and a comparative study about the search
> engines, in ordre to replace the search engine of my company, and there
> is some questions about the last version of swish-e for which I'm not
> able to find an unquestionable answer :
>
> - Does Swish-e work with a WAMP platform ?

if the W means Windows, then yes, there is a Win32 version.

> - Can Swish-e be integrated in php ?

I believe there are [old] PHP bindings available -- check the svn tree at
http://svn.swish-e.org/swish_php/

I have no idea if they work as I don't use PHP.

There was a project a year ago or more for getting current PHP bindings against
libswish-e. I just sent email to the relevant folks to check in with them. It'd
be nice to get modern working PHP bindings against libswish-e.