[swish-e] Swish-e and IIS

From: John Polling <John(at)not-real.white-agency.co.uk>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 10:32:23 GMT
I've just come across Swish and am very impressed so far, however I am
having problems setting up the swish.cgi to run on my localhost.  I have
managed to index sites just fine via the command line, and I can do a
standard search fine.  The problem arises when I want to use the
templating side of things.

I am using the latest windows build swish-e-2.4.5-win32.exe with the
latest version of ActiveState perl
(ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.msi)

My error was this:

Can't locate Template.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
C:\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at
C:\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/TemplateToolkit.pm line 9.

To fix this I had to add the line following line into the swish.cgi

use lib ( 'C:\Perl\Site\Lib\HTML' );

I'm assuming the latest version of ActiveState installs the template.pm
file in a different location to what is used to do, hence I have had to
add this line.

The next problem then arose:

Global symbol "%map_index" requires explicit package name at
C:\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/TemplateToolkit.pm line 138.

So I changed line 135 of TemplateToolkit.pm to:

    my (%map, %map_index);

I am now having this error message:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "Template" at
C:\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl/SWISH/TemplateToolkit.pm line 21.

I have installed all the necessary Perl libraries by using the Perl
Package manager, so that can't be the problem. I have also added the
following line to the TemplateToolkit.pm file:

warn "Template => $INC{'Template.pm'}\n";

This is definitely pointing to the correct Template.pm file and that
contains a sub new {....} line of code, so I am completely stuck.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am surprised how many
problems have occurred so far, especially as things like the %map_index
have been raised before http://swish-e.org/archive/2007-01/11204.html

Thanks

John Polling

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to White Agency and intended solely for the addressee.
It may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorised by the intended addressee to receive transmissions on behalf
of the addressee, you must not retain, disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this transmission.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.

Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free from viruses,
no liability can be accepted and the recipient is requested to use their own virus checking software.

Registered Number:  2076239  England.

Richard White Advertising & Marketing Ltd T/A White Agency Registered office: 21 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2BL