Re: [swish-e] swish-e 2.4.5 on RHEL3: spider.pl perl module problem

From: Guy Waugh <guy.waugh(at)not-real.scu.edu.au>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 02:22:13 GMT
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

Peter Karman wrote:
> Guy Waugh scribbled on 4/16/07 8:35 PM:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just compiled swish-e on an RHEL3 server and I'm trying to use
>> spider.pl to index a website. I've installed swish-e in
>> /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5.
>>
>> When I cd to the /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5/lib/swish-e directory
>> and run './spider.pl default http://<url.to.index>/', it says this:
>>
>> No SWISH filters found
>> ./spider.pl: Reading parameters from 'default'
>> Can't locate object method "decoded_content" via package "HTTP::Headers"
>> at (eval 20) line 1.
>>

> SWISH::Filter should be installed in
> /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filter.pm
>
> spider.pl should have its @INC set to include the path:
>
>   /usr/local/inst/www/swish-e-2.4.5/lib/swish-e/perl
>
> automatically as part of the install. You might want to check the 'use lib'
> lines at the start of the spider.pl to make sure they are correct.
>
> Looks like you many need to install HTTP::Headers as well.
>
> I've been a RedHat user for many years, but I shy from using the perl module
> RPMs except when they're needed in support of some other rpm (like a db package,
> Apache, etc.). Instead, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the perl CPAN
> tools. Should be as simple as:
>
>   sudo cpan -i HTTP::Headers
>
> and you'll need to configure it the first time you run it (which it'll walk you
> through). See:
>
>   perldoc cpan
>
> for more info

Looks like you might be right... It appears that the RHEL3 RPM version
of perl-libwww-perl is possibly a bit long in the tooth - it's package
name is 'perl-libwww-perl-5.65-6'. From
http://search.cpan.org/src/GAAS/libwww-perl-5.805/Changes:

"Release 5.802

    The HTTP::Message object now have a decoded_content() method.
    This will return the content after any Content-Encodings and
    charsets has been decoded."

I'll install the latest version of libwww-perl and try again.

Cheers,
Guy.