Re: [swish-e] empty indexes ...

From: Jordan Hayes <jmhayes(at)not-real.speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 20:33:01 GMT
> Maybe look for them in the script before including them in the search?

I'm not much of a perl programmer, I'm afraid.

I'm just using swish.cgi ...

What would you suggest I do here:

        swish_index     => [qw( one two )],

when two might be empty ...?

Also: if the last time I built the index it wasn't empty, but this time
it is, the old one will stay, right?  I remember you making the change
that the index gets built as a .temp file and then only if it succeeds
does the old one get clobbered -- so that's what's happening here.  It
was done that way so that searching during indexing didn't have a race
condition bite you (yes, it can still happen, but it's rare).

Thanks,

/jordan