[swish-e] ExtractPath regexp on same metaname without successive match

From: Ole Jacobsen <olejacobs(at)>
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 20:18:01 GMT

I have a question about the ExtractPath regexp option in the config file for
swish-e (I'm using version 2.4.3).
As I can ready from the manual pages and see from my logfiles multiple calls
to ExtractPath on the same metaname will do successive matching on the
string. I there a way I, that can avoid this or is there some other way to
do it? Here is an example of what I want.

Consider the url scheme (I'm using swish in http mode)

What I want is to be able to restrict search to either of the subsections
and to either of the sections (including all its subsections) using the same
metaname. I have used the following statements in my configfile

MetaNames subsect section
ExtractPath subsec regex !^.*/Subsection1/([^/]+)/.*$!$1!
ExtractPath subsec regex !^.*/Subsection2/([^/]+)/.*$!$1!
ExtractPath section regex !http://[^/]+/(Section1)/.*$!$1!
ExtractPath section regex !http://[^/]+/(Section2)/.*$!$1!
ExtractPathDefault subsect other

but this uses 2 different metanames.

How would you recommend me doing it using only one metaname.

Thanks in advance.

Users mailing list