Re: [swish-e] Sorry: Wrong version in previous posting

From: Rainer Hofmann <hofmann(at)not-real.labormerten.de>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 14:29:38 GMT
Bill Moseley schrieb:

>On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 11:31:14AM +0200, Rainer Hofmann wrote:
>

>> From Wiin2000  machines, that are running swish-e 2.4.5 for Windows,
>>queries result in an error message.
>>
>>C:\Programme\SWISH-E>swish-e -w Methanol -f
>>k:\daten\RohdatenArchiv\index.swish-e
>>err: Index file error: File "k:\daten\RohdatenArchiv\index.swish-e" has
>>an unknown format.
>>

>The index file should be portable between platforms, but not versions.
>Are you sure the index was created with the same version?
>
>By the way, if you have a lot of PDFs that don't change might be
>helpful to cache the output of pdftotext to make indexing faster.

Hi Bill,
meanwhile I did a couple of  tests. Removed 2.4.5 from the new server
and installed 2.4.3 again. Took the old index-file (2.4.3) from the old
server to the new server and did a query on it with 2.4.3.
Got the same error message. Did a query from a Win2000 using swish-e
2.4.3 on the old index and it worked.
So I believe it's not related to version of swish-e, but must be a
matter of codepage (character set).
Old server :
[root@merten4 root]# locale
LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE="en_US"
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=

New server:
[root@merten6 PDF]# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Any ideas? Are there any config settings adjusting codepage handling?

Kind regards

--
Rainer Hofmann (Dipl. LM-Ing.)
Chem. Labor Dr. Merten GmbH