Re: [swish-e] swish api for .net application

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 21:13:20 GMT
On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 16:19 -0400, isaac dinewitz wrote:
> Can anyone direct me to such a program. At this time I am trying to develope
> it myself using shell execute or system diagnostic process. The problem is
> that I first have to wtite a batch file in order to start the process. .net

Can you p/invoke the libswish-e dll?  I haven't much experience there.
I think you should be able to access most or all functionality in the
SWISH API that way.

> It will not accept any of the switches like "-w" for example, so I must
> create first a .bat file and put in it "swish-e.exe -f index.dat -w word"
> for example. This is cunbersome and slow. Did anyone solve this problem?

Do you have any code examples on how you're calling swish-e?  What
language are you programming it in?  Send me some simple code that
doesn't work how you expect and I'll try to have a look sometime in the
next few days.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/