Re: [swish-e] Indexing not working, but no errors

From: <Jeff_Johnson(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 16:29:41 GMT
Thanks.  That fixed it.

Jeff Johnson
(314) 244 - 7813

Peter Karman <>
Sent by:
03/22/2007 05:00 PM
Please respond to
Swish-e Users Discussion List <>

Re: [swish-e] Indexing not working, but no errors scribbled on 3/22/07 4:55 PM:
> Not a problem.  Here is swish-e.config:

ah sorry. I meant the config file you are passing to swish-e at runtime.

if you aren't passing one, then your problem is that swish-e doesn't know
on its
own how to parse PDF files. PDFs (.doc .xls etc) need to be converted to
(html, xml or plain untagged) in order to be indexed.

See SWISH::Filter perl module, the script, and the docs about
converting PDFs. I use pdftotext, as do many.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)