Re: [swish-e] How to be compliant

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 13:45:27 GMT
goran@krampe.se scribbled on 3/21/07 3:34 AM:
> Hi folks!
>
> I am the lead developer of an open source (new "BSD" licensed,
> http://gjallar.se/gjallar/10) issue tracker called Gjallar -
> www.gjallar.se. We use Swish-e in it with great success so far - no
> modifications and still we only call it through the executable, not
> using the C API.

Hi.

Glad to hear you are using Swish-e successfully.

> 2. Bundle binary only files in our win32 Gjallar zip AND explain in
> Readme that Gjallar uses Swish-e version x unmodified and that src is
> available at <URL> and point to swish-e.org for more info.

I think that #2 meets the terms of the GPL license section 3 subsection c. You
are distributing executable copies of the program, using an unmodified version,
and IIRC the windows swish-e version includes with it a copy of the COPYING
(GPL) file, which dictates that the source is available.

> 3. Also put Swish-e logo into the "Sys info" page inside Gjallar.

that would be cool, but above and beyond the license of course. :)

> Btw, bundling binary files is something we would only do for the Win32
> download for Gjallar. And soonish we will also offer an NSIS installer
> for Win32 and the same would go for that.

Am I understanding that this Gjallar is a Win32 project only? Then I think
you're covered.

thanks for checking in.

pek