Re: [swish-e] Swish 2.4.5 working, SWISH::API seems to be working but isn't

From: Bernard T. Higonnet <bth(at)not-real.higonnet.net>
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 14:05:48 GMT
On Monday 19 February 2007 03:04, Peter Karman wrote:

> the output indicates there was an error but you're not getting the error
> string.
>
> Try this example, lifted from the SWISH::API SYNOPSIS:
>
> use SWISH::API;
> my $myindex = shift @ARGV;
> my $swish   = SWISH::API->new($myindex);
> my $search  = $swish->new_search_object;
> my $results = $search->execute(shift @ARGV);
> $swish->abort_last_error if $swish->error;
> my $hits = $results->hits;
> print "Found $hits hits\n";
>

> and call it like:
>
>   perl scriptname path/to/index.swish-e query

Works fine....??

Since I think it should assumed for the time being that Apache/mod_perl is
working, the most likely explanation is that Apache is not using the same
SWISH::API that the command-line perl script is using (it would be using
something left over from my prior unsuccessfull installation of SWISH::API).

I have never had much luck changing @INC but I guess I'll have to find out
how!

Thanks
Bernard Higonnet