Re: SWISH-e 2.4.4 RPMs for Fedora Core 6

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 00:03:55 GMT
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 15:32 -0800, Simon A Wilper wrote:
> Okay.  That would be the filters and template Perl modules and the
> corresponding documentation.  Do we want them to form a third package or
>  go together with the SWISH::API into one "swish-e-perl" RPM?

The existing spec file would create swish-e, swish-e-devel,
swish-e-perl-api and swish-e-perl packages.

> > There is an old RPM spec file in swish-e/rpm/swish-e.spec.
>
> Where exactly is that file located?

Its included in the swish-e source tarballs and its in CVS.  There's a
directory named rpm with a swish-e.spec.in and an icon for graphical
package managers.  configure generates a rpm/swish-e.spec file.  Only
the swish-e version number is replaced in the .spec.in file.

> Hm.  There are in fact some minor dependencies (e.g. Date Perl modules)
> but nothing we really need to be concerned about since FC6 is well
> equipped with Perl modules.

> I built the RPMs for 2.4.4 and had no problems at all.

OK, that's good to know.  On RH9-FC3 the automatic dependency script
created dependencies on quite a few packages not provided at the time.

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/