Re: SWISH-e 2.4.4 RPMs for Fedora Core 6

From: James <swish.enhanced(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 09:43:39 GMT
On 1/10/07, Simon A Wilper wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I am a big fan of SWISH-e and running a Fedora Core 6 Linux.
> Unfortunately there are no SWISH-e 2.4.4 RPMs in the etras nor freshrpms
> nor livna repositories.
>
> Now I would like to ask whether I may package the latest SWISH-e version
> that happens to be 2.4.4 and host it on my site.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Simon

Simon,

Just follow the GNU GPL and you'll be okay to do what you've asked.
Swish-e is open source.

Here's a link: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

And here's more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License (and, with
regards to Swish-e, make sure to read the section, "GPL-related
disputes")

As a rule with open source, go to the actual license on GNU.ORG and
don't believe everything else you read - even on Swish-e.org (
http://swish-e.org/license.html ).

Sincerely,

James