Swish-e Spider and Following Image-based Links

From: James <swish.enhanced(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 13:15:04 GMT
Good morning!

I have a question.  Is it possible to tweak the Swish-e spider so that it
will follow image-based links, even if the image does not have an alt tag?
I realize that having the alt tags are the standard, so don't misunderstand
me.  However, we all know that a lot of web-masters (professional and
novice) don't use alt tags, even for image-based links and the Swish-e
spider doesn't seem to follow those image-based links without the alt tags.

(On a side note, do you have any idea why the Swish-e spider may follow a
link to a pdf and index it and then at other times not?  I am talking about
regular HTML based links to pdfs that have no protection on them.  And, yes,
I do have the xpdf package installed.)

Thanks for your time,

James

to a plain text message.