From: James <swish.enhanced(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 13:15:44 GMT
Good morning again!

I have another question.  I am pretty sure someone on this discussion list
has some knowledge about User-Agents (bots in particular) that seem to use
Mozilla/2.0 or Mozilla/5.0.  For instance, Ask seems to use Mozilla/2.0 and
Google seems to use Mozilla/5.0.  Do you know what this means?  Are they
somehow running their spider through Mozilla?  Do they have Mozilla
installed on their server to do this somehow?  Are there advantages to
this?  I wondered if the Swish-e spider could be enhanced by doing this.
For instance, maybe this would solve the UTF-8 issue?  Maybe it would solve
other issues too.  I am speaking out of "ignorance" because this aspect of
Google and Ask are not known to me.  Perhaps someone could help out in this
area.  Bill?

Thanks for your time!

James

to a plain text message.