Re: Kudos

From: James <swish.enhanced(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 09:17:23 GMT
I would be EXTREMELY happy if Swish-e was UTF-8 compatible before the end of
the year.  Isn't that a reasonable goal?  I think the developers should
shoot for September 1st (that gives them the summer to work through this
too) as the date to release the UTF-8 compatible Swish-e.  I believe once
Swish-e does this, you'll receive MUCH more attention (not that you don't
receive a lot of attention now!).

On 1/5/07, Foo JH wrote:

> Well, it's quite true. swish-e IS easy to use, freaking fast, scaleable
> to GB-level of indexing, extendable to index anything you can normalise
> to HTML via Perl.
>
> The good news aside, I think swish-e needs to continue to move forward
> with the utf8 and (date) range support. The mail below only confirms
> that swish-e is an international demand, and it is natural to support
> content in their local languages.
>
> Is that something we can all look forward to this year? :)
>
> Roy Tennant wrote:
> > Forwarded by permission.
> > Roy

to a plain text message.