Re: Upgrade Question

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 16:12:09 GMT
On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 09:31:12AM -0800, Douglas G. Phillips wrote:
> The old version is (really old) 2.0.5, upgrading to current.  Besides
> upgrading the indexes, are there any other issues that I will need to be
> alert to?  Should the indexes upgrade cleanly with no problems?

Look over the Changes file to see if anything you are using has
changed.  I can't think of anything.

There's no upgrading of indexes -- you just create a new index.
You don't have to use the same index file name so you should be able
to test before making any changes to your live site.  You can probably
install swish into a separate location or use configure options to
change the binary name if you want to run both versions at the same
time.