Re: site:mydomain.com

From: James <swish.enhanced(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 20:54:56 GMT
RE: This is an example of limiting by site: http://search.apache.org/

I am not clear what is the example.  Perhaps you could perform a search and
copy one of the result links to the list discussion so that I can click on
it and see what you mean.

RE: $input ~= s/site:/site=/;  That is, do that in your user interface.

Sounds good!  I'll check it out!

I was reading
http://swish-e.org/docs/swish-config.html#document_contents_directives and
trying to make sense of it in light of my question / this issue.  Could you
or Peter point me to the documentation more explicitly?

On 12/19/06, Bill Moseley wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 12:27:35PM -0800, James wrote:
> > Peter, thanks for your reply!  Honestly, I had not noticed this in the
> > docs.  Would you be so kind as to provide the link (with anchor, if
> > appropriate)?
>
> This is an example of limiting by site:
>
>     http://search.apache.org/
>
> IIRC, that's the swish.cgi script from the distribution with minor
> changes.
>

> > Also, can this:
> >
> > site=mydomain.com
> >
> > Be changed to this:
> >
> > site:mydomain.com
>
>     $input ~= s/site:/site=/;
>
> That is, do that in your user interface.

to a plain text message.