Re: fix for my stemmer_en2 issue

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 21:19:04 GMT
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 12:56:46PM -0800, brad miele wrote:
> hi,
>
> I was messing around trying to figure out what was making the Stemmer_EN2
> stuff not work in 2.4.4. i noticed that stemmer.c in 2.4.4 was different
> from the one in 2.4.3. notably, in the section starting at line 117, under
> "static FUZZY_OPTS fuzzy_opts[] = {" i find that when i remove the two
> references at the top to:
>
>      { FUZZY_STEMMING_EN2,       "Stemming_en",      Stem_snowball,
> porter_create_env, porter_close_env, porter_stem },
>      { FUZZY_STEMMING_EN2,       "Stem",             Stem_snowball,
> porter_create_env, porter_close_env, porter_stem },

That's just a mapping table -- it maps the config names ("None",
"Stemming_en", etc.) to the code for that stemmer.

The difference between 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 is that we removed the old
Porter stemmer so Stem and Stemming_en were changed to use the new
snowball stemmer code instead of the old Porter code.

But, your problem was due to the number of files/words indexed, right?