Re: some 2.4.3 -> 2.4.4 weirdness

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 18:35:58 GMT
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:01:56PM -0500, Brad Miele wrote:

> ok, i will start on some of this at some point. in the short term,
> however, rolling back to 2.4.3 has fixed the problem and i am going to
> push new indexes to my production servers. My question is now is, when i
> roll the swish-e back from 2.4.4 to 2.4.3 on the production machines,
> should i replace the perl stuff? I know i can't make use of Peter's SAS
> stuff, but i am going to stick with SWISH::API in the short term anyway.

Peter will have to answer this -- I'm not remembering any changes to
the C interface, though, and thus the perl modules should be
compatible.  Again, Peter will need to confirm.

> bill, i will follow your suggestions below when i have some time to chase
> this further, but it seems to be some version wonkiness.

There were some changes to the search code -- but I'd really want to
know first that the words were indexed and placed in the index before
looking for problems in the search code.