Re: SWISH::API::Stat

From: Brad Miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 02:19:49 GMT
Peter, a few questions,

use SWISH::API::Stat;
          my $swish = SWISH::API::Stat->new(
                            log             => $filehandle,
                            indexes         => [ 'path/to/index' ],
                            paranoia_level  => 1
                            );

is log needed? I am pretty cautious about how much logging i do on my
production boxes, a bare minimum is the rule...

currently, we scp the indexes into and incoming folder, mv them into
place, and reload apache. This worked for a while, but as our volume of
searches has increased, this is where we end up with stale index
filehandles and evergrowing httpd processes, so now we apachectl stop; mv
index; apachectl start; With SWISH::API::Stat, do you recommend a reload
after the indexes are copied into place?

regards,

Brad
Brad Miele
VP Technology