incremental delete-readd

From: brad miele <bmiele(at)not-real.ipnstock.com>
Date: Mon Nov 06 2006 - 19:47:43 GMT
Hi,

I sort of tried to ask this before, and probably did a terrible job of it,
or probably had bugged the list to death by that point, both possibilities
being equally valid.

I am working with incremental, and due to my specific application, it
occurs with some regularity that a file which has been marked as deleted
needs to be replaced in the same session. The problem is that currently,
incremental has to redo all of it's sorting and stuff, which makes it not
feasable for me to use as i want.

It is my understanding that delete just flags the file as deleted. if
this is the case, would it possible to impliment an undelete function
which just changes the status of the file without the need for all of the
index resort, etc?

regards,

Brad
Brad Miele