Re: Debugging swish-e to resolve memory leak

From: Gertjan Hofman <gertjan_hofman(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 02:00:35 GMT
Bill,

Tried that downloading the debian package, as well as
the swish-e site 2.4.3 tar ball.  Confusion reigned
for a while because suddenly things seem to work.

I am still sure what's going on...

The 2.4.3 configure script demands the cc1plus
processor (2.4.4 script does not), which was not
installed. So I apt-get g++. I also installed some
other packages to be able to use debian build tools.
Suddenly all versions I am playing with run fine. It
seems that some package I installed (without which
2.4.4 build fine) made the difference.

I did this on a company machine, but when I get back
to my laptop tonight (where so far only the Ubuntu
packages version works right), I might be able to work
out which package is the culprit by downloading them
one by one.

Cheers

Gertjan