homeless: swish-e.org

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 19:58:52 GMT
Swish-e (http://swish-e.org/) is looking for a new home. For several years we've
been hosted at UCBerkeley's sunsite, but due to administrative changes we've
been asked to pack our bags.

We wonder if you'd be willing to offer us a new home.

Here's what we're looking for in a host:

* subversion (svn)
* mailman
* Trac (http://trac.edgewall.com/)
* web hosting
* shell access

We can set all those up ourselves (hang the pictures, move our own furniture) if
we had some space on a server and shell access. We don't need a lot of room,
15-20 gig of storage will cover us amply.

We're currently keeping our src code in CVS at sf.net but we like Trac so much
we'd like to bring src in-house to put Trac in front of it.

We'd like a single place to host our src ctrl, mailing list, website and build
services. Right now those are in different places (sf.net and UCB).

We have pretty low bandwidth requirements. We have 3 active developers. We
typically see less than 20 messages on our discussion list per week (as you know).

To date we have not posted a 'Please donate' ad of any kind on our site, but we
have been asked to by some of our community members. So we'd be happy to send
along $$ that we receive.

All our developers have sysadmin experience, so unless there's some kind of
hardware or network issue, we probably won't bug you (especially if we can get
root or sudo access).

Have we sold you yet? ;)

Please reply to me off-list if you can help.

For the Swish-e team,
pek