Re: Swish-e and authorisation-based document access

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 2006 - 17:17:19 GMT
Peter Karman scribbled on 10/19/06 11:23 PM:

> Bill Moseley scribbled on 10/19/06 10:59 PM:
>> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 04:09:33PM -0700, William M Conlon wrote:
>>> To get properties into the index, one needs to inject a metatag into
>>> the <head> section fed to swish-e.  Easy enough to do for dynamically
>>> generated html, but a little trickier with filtered content.  I guess
>>> we would use
>>>
>>> $doc_object->user_data to pass the role/right into a filter, and in
>>> Pdf2HTML.pm add something like

> Right now the CPAN version has a metadata() method in SWISH::Filter::Document
> that lets you get the metadata added by a filter. Right now it only gets set in
> each filter() method ... I can see it's not documented well enough that even the
> author (me) can understand how it's supposed to work. ;)

I uploaded SWISH::Filter 0.09 to CPAN over the weekend. The CPAN version has
several features that the Swish-e distrib version lacks, including support for
compressed files (.gz), and newer versions for .ppt and .xls formats.

http://search.cpan.org/src/KARMAN/SWISH-Filter-0.09/Changes

Note that I added a meta_data() feature for passing in specific meta values,
like the 'role' feature Bill Conlon mentioned. I went through and added that
feature to Pdf2HTML and all the other Filters::* that convert to HTML or XML.

I also did a general sweep of the Filters::* modules to eliminate some
redundancy and added 2 new methods to the Filters::Base class: escapeXML() and
format_meta_headers(), both of which should make it easier to do common things
like adding meta values from external programs.

Testers, feedback, welcomed.